By Karting1 ~ November 24th, 2006. Filed under: Kart Racing News.
We have come across some regulations for a Formula Gumby (Gumby is Australian for Bandit) class. They appear to originate from Australia .
“Formula Gumby (bandit) 100cc
Old Tony Karts
Any Azzurro up to 2006 models
- The only plastics to be used may be Arrow Ax6 plastics and Old Tony Kart Plastics.
- Nassau Panel MUST be mounted between 82 and 90 degrees from floor tray.
- It is essential at least 25% of plastics are a different colour to the rest of the kart.
- Nosecones must be mounted upside down and cable tied on to the chassis.
- Home Made sticker kits or painting is encouraged. Non-Motorsport stickers are also encouraged.
- Seat must be fitted so as the back of the seat is parallel to the nassau panel, this is to allow Maximum height of the driver and clear vision.
- Numbers must be fitted to both Nassau panel and rear number plate and only one side pod (Pod of your choice). Numbers must be off centre and MUST not be the same font or size. Rear number plates must be mounted at the bottom of the plate. This is to allow maximum vision of the driver behind to see your number. See Bellow
- Steering wheels must not be of factory fabrication. Wheels must be purchased from hobby shops or Supercheap Auto. This is because factory wheels are not comfortable enough and may cause arthritis.
Kart Specs Contâ€¦
- Seat Protection MUST be fitted to karts for maximum Comfort during hard braking and accelerating. The two options are seat covers or copious amounts of foam and gaffa tape.
- Solid rims are compulsory.
- Neck Braces are Compulsory. Must be worn for 30 mins after race.
- Rib Vests are compulsory and must be worn on the outside, all day.
- Blundstones, Rossis or Redbacks are the only permit footwear.
- Race suits must be second hand. Hard Yakka overalls are permitted. Must be worn fully done up all day.
- Gardening, Leather or Ski gloves are the only gloves permitted. Must be worn after drivers weigh in.
- Signwriten team flat peak hats, shirts, beanies and polar fleeces are encouraged.
- Driver Must NOT weave prior to the start of a race.
- Ducking is essential in every lap during all straights and fast corners.
- Tunning is not permitted.
- Driver must wave arms Vigorously if out of the race. Taking yellow flag from steward to wave is encouraged.
- Driver must Baulk (defend line) every lap to protect his/her position.
- Celebrations must be done on AND off the track.
- When entering In-Grid, Driver must have arm fully extended 2 corners prior to entry and must keep arm extended until his/her kart is stationary.
- Drivers Must take their helmets off before their gloves.
- Dry Lines MUST be taken even in the wet.
- Visor must be up at all times.
Attitude Towards Racing:
- Drivers MUST practice twice in the week prior to ANY meet.
- Drivers of Formula Gumby Must be at meetings by at least 6am.
- Drivers must be at drivers briefing 10 minutes early and must start conversation with officials.
- Drivers must shake hands with all competitors after a race and discuss the race.
- All drivers must attend presentations at the end off racing. Podium places must stand on the blocks and tell a joke. Must also wear team apparel.
- Entries to meets must be in early and must feature Nickname and moto. Eg: kart 87 – John â€˜Mad-Dawgâ€™ McRae. â€œGo Hard or Go Home!â€
- Drivers must attend every working bee.
- Driver Must Attend NT state titles.
Equipment and Aids:
- Trolleys must be home made and must be a maximum of 55cms high.
- Push trolleys must be home made.
- Trailer must be a 6×4 box trailer. Enclosed trailers are banned.
- 1x Tachometer id permitted. Alfano and Mychrons are prohibited.
- Mechanic must wear team uniform and be un-educated to the sport.
Tyres: Second hand Dunlop SL1s Slicks and Wets
Engine: Yamaha KT100J
Fuel: 91 Octane
Weight: Light: 140kgs Heavy:160kgs
Apparel: Arai, MIR, Alpinestars and Sparco.
Equipment: Rigehtti Ridolfi, Alfarno, Mychron and Kartech (except Ax6 Plastics)
Karts: Anything Post 1998, except Azzurro”
Being a bandit myself I can say this is grade A accurate