Karting1.co.uk  Forum Index

Karting1.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Karting1 Homepage | Karting1 News | Driving Tips | Kart Tests | Technical Tips | Driver Interviews

IAME - Are most cadet teams running 2 engines per kart?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Karting1.co.uk Forum Index -> IAME X30, 100cc, and KZ

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdc67

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: IAME - Are most cadet teams running 2 engines per kart? Reply with quote

At the moment, we're running Comer W60, and have 2 engines. Is this also common practice with the IAME? There was a lot of discussion early on about Easykart having one engine for the season. Excluding big budget teams, have most teams gone with 2 engines as a standard or are they proving that bullet proof that one engine will suffice?
Thanks..
number18

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

our engine builder has told us we will not need 2 engines, said it might be worth having a spare carb just in case, which we now have but not used !
mdc67

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds very encouraging. Faced with spending 2.5k on a couple of fisched engines was beyond my budget. However if it is possible with one engine, it makes the transition from Comer easier and longer term it could be more economical. The other advantage might be that we also have a more equal playing field on track. I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep reviewing differences in lap times at our local circuit.
number18

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

been at my engine builders today and one engine will be fine, he recommends at least one spare carb and a spare pull starter just in case as carb is a 2 bolt change and starter is a 3 bolt change, both quicker than trying to fix on the dummy grid, you need to try one, they are a lovely piece of kit, sit ticking over on the grid like a honda, no carb adjustments needed , turn up, get it out of the van, fire it up, sit down and relax with the honda dads ! all the advantages of the honda except it is a real racing engine with real racing sounds! oh and they are much quicker than a comer !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Karting1.co.uk Forum Index -> IAME X30, 100cc, and KZ All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: